Tuesday, May 12, 2020

What A Difference...

..a good camera makes.  Since E bought a new camera, she left her old one here for me to try out.  While she was still here I did get a chance to go birding with her.  
 Birding is very challenging.  It's pretty easy to hear the birds, a little harder to find them.  Then it is nearly impossible to see them in the camera viewfinder, focus and get a picture before they fly off.  But this camera makes all the difference.  On our trip to Oregon last year I totally gave up on taking any bird pictures with my camera, but I am loving E's so far.   On our hike we saw this goldfinch,
 red headed woodpecker,
 and Baltimore Oriole. 
 Then I went to my yard to practice on birds easier to see.   I'm going with Chipping Sparrow for this one.
 And the cutest Eastern Bluebird.

 Can't figure this one out. Help me here E.
 When I was out checking the goats I saw this Indigo Bunting.
 And I was inside the barn when his bird landed in the window.
I'm loving the camera.  Now I have to work on identifying all these birds.   This one could be some sort of fly catcher, a Eastern Phoebe maybe?

3 comments:

Shirley said...

The reddish one you can't figure out looks like a Cassin's Finch.

Michelle said...

Nice job with these photos! I love photography, but am not good at birding!

C said...

Amazing photos! And your bird identification is way out of my league.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...