Sunday, August 16, 2020

The Hummingbird

I left the garage door open for a little while the other day.  J when back out after lunch and said there was a hummingbird in there.
 The poor little thing was flying around frantically at the ceiling and would just not pay attention to the big door opening.  I got a rake and tried to guide it out to no avail. 
 Then I ran in and quick made some hummingbird food and filled the feeder thinking that might attract it toward the door.  No luck there either, it was just too scared.  Kit Kat walking around the garage probably didn't help the situation any either.  It finally wore itself out and perched on the garage door rails.  I grabbed a ladder, climbed up and gently captured it.
 It didn't even struggle.  I took it outside and put its little beak in the feeder and it started eating.  Then it perched on the feeder and ate some more.  Ran in and got my camera sure that it would be gone by the time I got back outside, but there it was. 
It posed for me and let me get some of the spiderwebs off its beak.  Then I stepped back and it flew away.

2 comments:

C said...

What a touching little rescue story. Warms the heart. Great photos

Shirley said...

Awww! So special!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...