Friday, June 18, 2021

From A Distance

The garden looks great!  From a distance anyway.  J has really been doing a wonderful job keeping it hoed out. 
Some things are good, some not so much. 
So far we have been keeping up with weaving the tomatoes through the wire and keeping the suckers cut off. 
But the plants I bought as tommy toes have some pretty big toes happening. 
The peas looks great until they started blooming.  Now they are turning yellow and the pods are deformed with brown spots.  
We planted this row of beans twice, pretty pitiful.  
But the lettuce and onions are still producing. 
And the experiment with lima beans is looking successful so far. 
But my squash and cucumbers have something attaching them.  I used some 7 dust and the new leaves look ok for the time being. 
No idea when the sprouts will start sprouting.  
And just in case anyone was wondering, the blue saliva that I planted last year ended up being a perennial, YAY.   Plus, they are at the same stage as August last year.  HERE They bloomed until frost then.  Wonder how long they will bloom this year. 


 

3 comments:

Shirley said...

I heard there is a bad heat wave coming, so I hope your garden survives! Lots of water....
I love blue salvia, I plant it every year as it isn't a perennial here.

C said...

I agree, your garden really looks great from a distance (kudos to J). I hope you can overcome some of the close up issues.

Alica said...

I hope your lima beans do well! They are "the reason I planted a garden" for many years! I don't plant them any more because with working full time, I don't have time for picking and processing them, and to get enough to satisfy our family's cravings, I wouldn't have enough room. Young Lima beans with browned butter are amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...