Monday, June 28, 2021

Yard Waste Not Wasted

We have a couple of River Birch trees in the yard that need limbing up every year so I can mow under them.  
This created a good pile of brush. 
As I was dragging it to the truck to haul off,  I noticed the goats nearby and thought I would give them a treat. 
They all came running.
And wadding in the leaves as fast as they could.  I like when things don't go to waste.     But on a sad note...

I saw this on Facebook a couple of days ago.   A farm in Idaho lost 39 goats to Japanese Yew poisoning.   It was miss identified as juniper and thrown over the fence to the goats.  Japanese Yew is very poisonous and it only takes a few bites to kill an animal.   That is why I have made a point to not plant any in the yard, ever.  I didn't even want to risk something getting in the yard and eating it by accident.    What a tragedy.  
 

1 comment:

C said...

Happy goats eating leaves. Then "on a sad note..." and that picture - just terrible. I was happy to read it had nothing to do with you (only yew).

What a sad tragedy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...