Friday, October 29, 2021

Trouble's in Trouble

J called me at work Wednesday to tell me Trouble had a broken leg.   He had been in the barn feeding the bottle calves.  When he came out, Trouble and Tribble were up on the 4-Wheeler.  When they jumped off J thought Trouble caught her leg on something and it snapped. 
The good news is that it is low enough that a splint may be enough.  It is broken right above the white on the right hind.  The bad news is that the skin is broken over the fracture so it is an open fracture which means it could get infected but hopefully a antibiotic will prevent that.   
J held while I splinted.  
I don't think Trouble is liking the new arrangement much.  
 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Poor little gaffer! Hope it heals well, I'm sure he will get the best treatment form you.

C said...

What an apt name for this little one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...