Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Calf Pulling With Baby S

Another child in S's daycare tested positive for covid so they shut the daycare down for a week.  I told V that I could keep Baby S today.  I picked her up and then went shopping for new shoes for her Easter outfit (and some toys, snacks and a book).  When we got to the house J said he needed to pull a calf.  One of the heifers was calving and not progressing fast enough.  I said I would bring S to the barn and help. 

I planted her on a 5 gallon bucket,
where she had a good view of the proceedings but was safe and out of the way.
J got everything ready. 
Baby S stayed on the bucket. 
J got the chains on and Baby S stayed on the bucket. 
J started pulling, Baby S on the bucket. 
The calf was coming out, 
J ended up on the ground, 
but Baby S stayed on the bucket. 
J moved the calf around so the cow could see it when she came out of the chute. 
She went right to it and started cleaning it off. 

I got Baby S off the bucket so she could see better. 
I really love this picture how she is peeking through the gate.  We were amazed that a 15 month old behaved through all of that as well as she did. 
 

2 comments:

C said...

So much drama. J on the ground!! But Baby S staying on the bucket. Astonishing. And so cute peaking through the fence.

Shirley said...

What a precious child. Definitely an animal lover!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...