Friday, April 22, 2022

Too Close For Comfort

I went riding on Otoelene this morning. 
In a hollow next to the the field the goats are kidding in, I saw this running away.  Can you see him?
He stopped, sat down and looked back at me.
Then came closer as I rode Otoelene a little closer bit by bit. 
He didn't seem at all scared.  Maybe he just thought it was a horse and didn't notice me. 
We will have to tell the guy that hunts here to be on the lookout for this coyote.   
Then I rode on around the gravel road.  Our new neighbors have a horse now.  This is the first time in 23 years that there has been another horse to ride past here.  Otoelene was fine with it, just curious.  
 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Coyotes seem to have lost a lot of their fear of humans it seems. They have infiltrated enough towns where they don't get shot at. Kind of like the white tail deer in this area. They are everywhere!
I bet the new horse was happy to see Otolene.

C said...

Wow on the photos of the coyote. But bad for the goats. Thank goodness you have great guard dogs.

Otoelene continues to be a dream

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...