Thursday, April 21, 2022

Birding With E

E came home Easter weekend and we went birding one day.  Apparently, I saw 35 different species.  Ten of which were new to my eBird list, shooting me up to 40th in the county.  
I added this Savannah sparrow.
E was very good at spotting birds, identifying them and telling me where to look.  I told her she should hire herself out as a personal birding companion.
To the untrained eye, this might look like a goose and some goslings.
But the “goslings” are blue winged teals, a new duck for my list.  A lot of the birds are way too quick for me to find with the binoculars, then get my camera, put on my glasses, find it again with the view finder, get the camera to focus and take a picture to download and figure out what I was  looking at.  Much easier to just have E tell me. 

 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I did think those were goslings! Nice to be able to get a photo to identify if you don't have an E around :o)

C said...

If E hires herself out to people in your county, some other people will be shooting up in the list :)

Congratulations on your new higher perch in the county's bird list.

Nice photos - well done especially in light of the steps you have to take to get them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...