Saturday, April 30, 2022

Birding Without E

I went birding today and was able to find and identify an new bird for my list all by myself. 
I added this eastern towhee to my eBird list, moving me decisively into 40th place in the county. 
The hummers arrived a few days ago.  As soon as I saw one land on the bird feeder hook, I ran and put out the feeder for them. 
I have several bluebird houses around the yard, so they are always a good subject to practice taking pictures.
E says red headed woodpeckers are uncommon, but I see them pretty much every time I go birding here.  One day I saw 6 at once. 
I thought this might be a new bird for me but E informed me it was a female red winged blackbird. 
I snuck up to the creek and found yet another mallard. 

but this time he had a friend, a blue heron.  They are usually pretty shy, but this one hung around a very long time.  I took lots of pictures. 

I think I finally got a good one. 

 

1 comment:

C said...

Impressive. That little blue bird photo is very cute.

Congratulations on your decisive entry into 40th place :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...