Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Oh No, Limping Again

I took Otoelene out for a ride yesterday.  Things started off fine.  We rode down the gravel road, then up through the gouge.  
We saw this heifer out in a swampy area by herself and drove her out. 
She got with the others around that down tree.  That is when Otoelene started limping.  We had just come up a steep hill and everything seems fine until then.  I looked down to make sure she had not lost a shoe.  No, both shoes still there. We walked a little further and I just kept thinking about her navicular.  But wait, that was the other foot.  And at this rate I didn't think we would make it back to the barn.  So I got off to examine her hoof. 
Well, that would do it.  That rock was really wedged in there good.  I was able to finally knock it loose by pounding on it with another rock.  Goodness knows there are plenty of rocks around to chose from.  That did the trick, no more limping and we made it back to the barn in good shape. 
 

1 comment:

C said...

I'm astonished you were able to remove that rock with another rock. Well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...