Thursday, May 12, 2022

In Bloom At The 4Rs

It seems like a lot of things are blooming a little earlier this year and I am later getting my garden planted.  Oh well, we will get there.  Here is a short tour of some of the flowers currently in bloom.
Grandma's Corral Bells
An azalea I planted last fall that made it through its first winter. 
Grandma's old fashion iris
some brown irises from Dr. B
Mama's yellow irises
Weigela, this is just outside my bedroom window, very lovely to look at every morning. 
I had been pulling the blooms off the chives but I decided I didn't know what that was suppose to do for them, so I quit.  The flowers are lovely. 
At the surprise in the yard was that the Peonies have started to bloom.  Must be going to rain soon. (it seems it always rains as soon as they are in full bloom and they crash to the ground)
 

2 comments:

C said...

I just love peonies. Your yard is a beautiful show place. I love all the connections between your flowers and people.

Shirley said...

Lovlies! I have a dark red Wiegela that I am debating taking with me when we move. The hard part of moving will be leaving my roses. Two of them I will be digging up for family and friends and I may try to take the Morden Blush with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...