Monday, December 20, 2021

Check Job For Otoelene

I have ridden Otoelene a few times since her navicular diagnosis.  She is no longer on bute and I have turned her out with the other horses.   She still has the wedge shoes which really cause a shorten stride which is taking some getting use to for both of us I'm sure.   It's hard to know how much I can ride her but I feel like if she isn't really limping without bute and she still isn't limping the day after I ride, then that is probably an ok amount.  I told J I was going to take Otoelene for a little ride today.  He said, check the cows in the hayfield, look at the bull, and check the water tank while you're out. 
But when I went to catch Otoelene,  which wasn't too difficult considering her position, she really didn't want to get up.  The sun was shining, the wind wasn't blowing, and she was having a nice rest.  
Draper tried her hand (or mouth) at getting Otoelene up too, with no success.  I sat down and waited her out.  When she finally decided rest time was over, we headed to the barn.  
I had never really notice before, but her Paint spot looks a lot like a bat. 

I trotted around in the barn for a little bit and everything checked out fine, so we headed off for a ride around the farm.

The cows had drunk down the water tank but there was still some left, so check. 
Saw the cows, check. 
Found the bull, check. 
And had a pleasant ride, check.
 

2 comments:

C said...

Draper's "efforts" made me chuckle. I'm a happy to see the view from behind Otoelene's ears again.

Shirley said...

First time I realised Otoelene is a Paint!
Glad you had a good ride; it's always good to have a purpose for a ride- check!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...