Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Christmas Parties and Match Stick Chairs

I finally stopped decorating last week and took time to have 2 parties on the weekend. 
I have always loved this reindeer set from my aunts.  It just seems so retro. 
Baby S and her first Christmas with the R's
J's family came Saturday, a limited number because some are still fearful of covid and some had other engagements.
But we  had a nice visit with the ones that were able to come and thankful for another year together.

 We miss those that were not able to make it and are hopeful for a summer get together. 

I had J cut the tree entirely too early.  A cedar is just not meant to last a month.  I love the sand dollar ornament E made for me last year.  It's a very special reminder of her time on Cumberland Island and our visit with her there. 
And a new ornament for this year, Arches National Park.  Another reminder of a visit with E and a wonderful trip with 2 of my sisters.  
My second party was Sunday night with 4 other couples.  Another great meal and time to visit, until...
One of the chairs turned into firewood.  We had finished eating and the men stayed at the table to talk while the women moved to the living room.  After about an hour, crash!  Sam, who has had a double lung transplant, had a ear removed for cancer and skin graft from his leg to repair the defect and ended up with bell's palsy , got covid and was in organ failure and is now on dialysis 4 days a week,  was down.  He said he shifted his weight ever so slightly and the chair just collapsed.  Thankfully, he was ok.  He had a doctor appointment the next day anyway and I don't think had any issues from the fall.  This isn't the first time for one of these chairs either.  Sister C had a similar event a couple of years ago.  I see some new dining room chairs in my future. 
 

2 comments:

C said...

Poor Sam. What a list of issues he has had. I'm so glad he is ok.

Your decorations are beautiful :)

Shirley said...

I think that's the first time I have seen a cedar for a Christmas tree. We mostly have Western Red Cedar here, not conducive for Christmas trees, but we do have some yellow cedar too.
Having family over for Christmas is pretty much a thing of the past here, with all the travel restrictions and gathering rules. Glad you got to have family over, and that the crash didn't give Sam more grief than he allready has.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...