Sunday, December 19, 2021

Random Item Christmas Craft

Every Christmas, for certain gift exchanges, I try to come up with a nice craft project.  This year's random items that I rounded up to use include, 
some rusty washers that came with the work bench when we bought the farm, 
an old shower curtain hook, 

a piece of nylon rope from an inflatable raft that I got rid of because it was no longer inflatable but the rope was still good so I kept that part, 
a piece of decorative chain from an old light fixture, 
and of course a horse shoe. 
Then a not so random item, a used compressed air tank.  
I cut the bottom off, scraped and soaked the labels off, and filed down the sharp edges.
Assembled the rope, washers, shoe and chain,  (bonus Kit Kat Sunday)  I did have to drill a hole in the top of the shoe for the chain link to go through. 
Then I pulled it all through and out the top to be secured by the shower curtain hook which I bent closed. 
I think it turned out well.  It has a nice tone.  At the first gift exchange it was a pretty hot item.  Walker, (who rides Hank and helps up with the goats) ended up with it.  I'll she how the second one goes over tonight. 
 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Very inventive!

C said...

Way cool. I would love to hear it. Enjoyed the Kit Kat Sunday :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...