Monday, February 14, 2022

Lots Of Random Items

Sorry for so many pictures, but I have a project that needs lots of random items.  
I have a ton of J's old jeans. 
An old pair of Pointer overalls.
Some pop tops. 
Lots of beads,
and buttons. 
Some yarn.
A container of magnetic Stix & balls. 
A jewelry craft set. 
The string from a hoodie. 
and some felt.   Have you guessed it yet.  
I am making Baby S a Quiet Book.  I had the idea when she would go to the coat rack and try to zip up her coat.  I knew there were fastener play things but when I looked it up I found they were called Quiet Books.  I have been scrolling through Pinterest for ideas.  This is what I have so far. 
String art around buttons.  The inspiration was actually a spiderweb but I liked just the free form approach. 
And a page of counting beads.  That is all I have finished so far.  But I have a good start on some other pages. 
A shoe tying page.  I was racking my brain to figure out how to mimic eyelets since I don't have the tool, and finally came up with the pop tops.  I think it will work perfectly.   
The I will do something with the magnetic sticks and a long magnetic beaded string.  
And since a zipper started everything, I will have to use that somewhere.   This is why it is so hard for me to get rid of anything.  You never know what random item you may want. 
 

4 comments:

C said...

I had never heard of a quiet book. I had to look it up. What a wonderful idea. I love all your ideas and your reuse of items. Very clever. I think baby S will be thoroughly entertained.

Linda said...

Oh my goodness, that’s so smart and creative. I’ll have to look around and see what I’ve got here…or zip over to Etsy! 😂

Sherry Sikstrom said...

this is so creative! what a great idea and use of scraps, bits and bobs!

Shirley said...

Great idea! My friend Carol makes what she calls Activity Blankets, very much the same idea but geared for dementia patients to keep their hands busy. A lap quilt, with different things sewn on to it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...