Monday, February 7, 2022

Meet Zipper

J has been talking about getting a yard dog for some time now.  It's been over 5 years since we lost Emma so I guess it was time to try another one.
This is a 12 week old, female.  The father is a Kelpie and the mother 1/2 Australian Shepard and 1/2 blue healer.  The family that raised her had 3 young children that were properly desensitizing her to being wollered to death.  
We are hoping that she will be suitable for baby S to play with when she comes to visit. 
We just got her last night and so far so good. 
She is currently hanging out in the dog pen in the barn until we get something better set up at the house.  I am just hoping she won't chew on too much or dig too many holes.  It would be nice to have an outside doorbell again. 
 

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Hello Zipper! That's a very cowy cross, she should be a helpful dog as well as a doorbell.
I recommend many chew toys!
What does Kit think about this new development?

C said...

I had not heard of two of the breeds you listed. I looked them up - all herding dogs. Does J want some help with the cattle?

Emma set a very high bar for a yard dog. I hope that Zipper is up to the challenge. Cute name for a cute puppy.

This line made me laugh "The family that raised her had 3 young children that were properly desensitizing her to being wollered to death"

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Definitely a cutie! We just got an Australian Shepard Border Collie cross in Sept. I have to say Frankie is a sweetheart but man is he KEEN to work. I am working hard and focusing that energy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...