Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Goal Met

I set a goal this year of blogging every day.  I quickly shrunk that goal to every day for the month of January.  It has been a challenge coming up with something for 31 days straight.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it so I didn't say it out loud. But I managed, goal accomplished.  
My birding goal however, remains elusive.  I walked down to the creek today hoping to find some ducks.  
And there they were.  I had to be very sneaky to try to get close enough to tell what they were.  I really thought the males had purple heads the way the light was shinning.  
But alas, I think they were mallards.  
This one definitely has a red head.  I also saw the blue hereon, and a red tail hawk.  Unfortunately, none of these are new to my list. 
I did notice this tree.  It made me wonder what has plugged up that lower hole.
 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I have been enjoying your posts!
That hole might be plugged with nesting material?
We have mostly chickadees and house sparrows here at the moment, as well as the hawks and ravens and owls.

C said...

Congratulations - an amazing accomplishment. I totally agree with Shirley's first line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...