Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Covid Sniffing Dogs

There was an interesting article in the local paper about someone in the neighboring county that is training dogs to detect Covid.  If you are interested you can check out the article HERE.

 I don't think I have done any work for him but we do treat the State Prison and State Police dogs.  It is very interesting to talk with the handlers about their training and different rewards the dogs get.  The prison dogs are all bloodhounds used in tracking escapees or sniffing out contraband.  The state police have a variety of different dogs based on what they are doing.  Sometimes it might be a phone sniffing beagle or a drug sniffing Labrador Retriever.  Or it could be an attack Belgian Malinois.  Those are a bit more intimidating than the beagles. 

But back to the article, I might rather my hand be sniffed by a dog than that swab stuck up my nose to my brain if I have to be tested. 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Agreed!

C said...

Interesting article. I would also prefer a dog to a swab. Also interesting information about the working dogs you treat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...