Thursday, January 6, 2022

Wiggies

Well, I learned something new today.  I knew people showed horses with fake tails, but I didn't know they showed dogs with fake top knots.  
This poodle came in today for vaccinations.  The owner said it is a retired show dog.  I commented on it's unique mohawk hair style, that I had not seen that before.  She explained that she was growing wigs for her other show dogs.  Apparently, this is a thing, a bit against the rules but the rules are not very well enforced at AKC shows.  I looked it up and they are actually called "Wiggies"  The owner said when they get long enough, she will cut them off and dye them to match the dog she will use it on.  It is to fluff up and make the top knot fuller.  Who knew? 
 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Oy..... what next....

C said...

haha - ditto to Shirley's comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...