Sunday, January 2, 2022

Thankful Sunday #1

I am starting a new feature, Thankful Sunday.  I will try to come up with something I am thankful for each week.  Hopefully, I can keep up with this one. 
I was thankful for J getting our Christmas tree.  And for E's kayaking gloves (gloves she had cut the tips of the fingers off of allowing for dexterity along with protection) that I used to keep my hands from getting pricked to death when putting on the lights.  
I am thankful for all the friends and family that joined us at the table in front of the tree this Christmas season.
I tried taking a picture of the lights through Holiday Specs that make the lights look like little gingerbread men.  Pretty cute. 
But I am especially thankful that E was here and willing to help take the ornaments off the tree.   Because I got it too early, it was very dry and brittle by Christmas.  Decorations were falling off left and right.  A few broke, but that happens every year.  It is my excuse to be able to buy more.  Thank you E for going above and beyond, or at least down and under. 
Because it was so brittle, I ended up using the loppers to cut it up in pieces to get it back out of the door. 
I'm not sure the goats will even touch this one. 
 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

That's plenty to be thankful for! Today is the last day for our tree- I always try to leave it up until the Feast of the Epiphany, which is early this year. The cats have been pulling ornaments off for the last 3 days, so it's time!

C said...

Tremendous to have E's help to take it down. That was clearly a challenge.

It was a beautiful tree.

And I look forward to your new feature (something I'm thankful for :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...